Imlil is a small village in the high Atlas Mountains of Morocco. It is 1,740 metres (5,710 ft) above sea level. Imlil is close to the mountain Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in Northern Africa with over 4.100m. Imlil makes a good base for attempting to summit Toubkal. Imlil is the end of the tarmac road, and is a natural place to hire mountain guides and mules for the onward trek.
- Departure at around 9.30am at Anayela
- Visit local markets at Tahanaout and/or Asni (tuesdays and saturdays)
Visit a women’s cooperative for argan oil
- Arrival at Imlil. Private tour with local guide on mules or by foot (you can choose) – walking up to the village Armed, which ist he last village before the valley. Lunch at a restaurant in the village at 2000m.
- You can also visit Kasbah Toubkal.
- Arrival back in Marrakesh between 5/6.00pm